Curious about the companies offering dietary supplements and natural products for you to provide your patients? Want to know about their ingredient sourcing, quality assurance measures and formulation techniques? Looking for information on the services provided by diagnostic laboratories or the origins of proven branded ingredients? Then Natural Practitioner’s 2012 Company Profiles are here to help.
Each company in this special section has provided insight to their beginnings, their products, special services and quality control methods, as well as contact information and key executives in an effort to more quickly connect with our readers. Natural Practitioner’s Company Profiles section serves as a vital reference tool, representing a strong cross-section of the companies servicing the practitioner market.
198 Alt 19 S. Palm Harbor, FL 34683
Phone: (800) 690-9988 Ext. 265
Fax: (866) 594-5468
E-mail: email@example.com •
Promoting Quality Digestive Care to Improve Every Individual’s Health
Advanced Naturals™ was founded in 1997 by Brenda Watson, CNC and nationally recognized digestive health educator. The company’s mission is to advance the relationships between health care practitioners and their patients by promoting quality digestive care to improve the health of every individual.Its focus is specialized, yet the whole-system health and longevity benefits of its attention to digestive care are limitless.
Advanced Naturals’ innovative product line includes: high-potency, multiplestrain, delayed-release probiotics; superior enzyme formulas; essential fatty acids and purified fish oils; fiber supplements; a broad spectrum of internal cleansing blends, including parasite, yeast and organ-specific detox formulas; children’s digestive supplements; and weight management products. Each formula contains naturally active ingredients, and only active ingredients. Advanced Naturals’ supplements are manufactured under strict GMP standards and contain no added binders, fillers, excipients or disintegrates.
The finished products address health concerns such as bacterial and parasite imbalances, inadequate nutrient breakdown and slow digestive transit time, colon and bowel issues, intestinal lining health, optimal weight and the gastro-immune balance by targeting the GI tract. The ripple effects of nourishing this center of whole-system health, digestion and elimination include blood sugar support, immune support, blood lipid and cardiovascular support, and adrenal-energy rebalancing, as well as the central benefit of digestive maintenance.
A significant part of what Advanced Naturals does is to focus on practitionerto Patient education. It believes in empowering natural health care practitioners with the current and relevant information they need to communicate effectively with their patients. The company’s Practitioner Education Program (PEP) is designed to allow practitioners the flexibility and choice to further their knowledge online or through DVD training and select the specific areas of clinical training they seek for their practice. Advanced Naturals’ patient handouts and literature are unparalleled for their in-depth and concise treatment of today’s health challenges and their natural solutions.
In addition to Advance Naturals’ educational literature, Brenda Watson’s bestselling health books are also available for sale or for general reading in our practitioners’ clinics. Suzanne Somers calls Brenda’s comprehensive health guide, The Road to Perfect Health: Balance Your Gut, Heal Your Body, “A must for every household and doctor’s office.” The purpose of the company’s extensive educational support program for practitioners and their patients is two-fold: to disseminate essential health information and to provide practitioners with the supplement sales support materials they need.
Advanced Naturals’ promise is to provide products with clinically backed ingredient substantiation, increasingly innovative nutrient combinations and delivery systems, and the educational support that practitioners and their patients require.
America’s Finest Inc.
20 Lake Dr. East Windsor, NJ 08520
Phone: (800) 350-3305; (732) 985-9899
Fax: (732) 985-9851
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org •
A New Family of Products Combining Science and Tradition
America’s Finest, Inc. (AFI) was formed in 1992 to provide herbal and nutritional formulas that blend the rich herbal traditions of ancient cultures with the latest in current scientific research and manufacturing methods. This allows AFI to provide the finest natural health care supplements to complement a total wellness lifestyle.
Where on the one side, modern health care has showed dramatic results through its emphasis on science and research, ayurveda (which means “The Science of Life”) on the other hand has proved that through herbal and nutritional supplements human beings can maintain or restore this balance for optimum wellness. AFI combines the knowledge from modern health care and ayurveda.
Take for example its product for building lean body mass from Coleus forskholii, simply called Forslean®, a branded ingredient from Sabinsa, patented for increasing lean body mass while decreasing body fat.Clinical study after study proves Forslean as a major ingredient in the weight management category, and AFI has it!
For joint health, a unique bi-layer tablet concept approach has been adapted at AFI, to bring ingredients with different synergies together. NiLitis® SR represents this approach, by uniquely combining Curcumin C3 Complex® (Curcuma longa), Boswellin® (Boswellia serrata) and ginger to together. This patented combination has a clinical study showing increased walking distance for patients.
If customers are looking for the finest turmeric product on the market, they can turn to AFI’s Super Curcumin product. It has 1,000 mg of patented Curcumin extract, called Curcumin C3 Complex, combined with 5 mg of BioPerine, the only patented black pepper extract on the market for gut absorption. This product exemplifies how consumers should be taking curcumin extracts, as it is natural and clinically validated.
Modern health care is a concept, which has been inspired by technological advancement and scientific research to insure accurate and consistent treatment to restore health. It is based on the treatment of the symptoms or the manifestations of a disease by producing outcomes opposite from those of the disease itself.
Ayurveda is the ancient medical system of India, and the oldest formal health care system in the world. Ayurveda has influenced ancient medical practices in Tibet, China and even those found in Europe. Sidha, yet another medical practice, has been influenced by ayurveda as well. This system is based on the use of practical knowledge to manage health in such a way that it prevents disease, prolongs and improves the quality of life.
Science and tradition should not be adversarial, but mutually supportive, assuring the consistency and efficacy of time tested solutions to optimum health. AFI provides the best of both worlds with safe, innovative and beneficial approaches to personal health care. Its products are a new class of dietary supplements designed for a modern approach to the traditional quest for optimum health.
A team of researchers, pharmacists and medical practitioners are involved in the formulation of this new family of products, which combines science and tradition— science for proven results and tradition for optimizing health and quality of life.
AFI also provides training manuals, which offer product information, formulation and ingredients.
•HGH Dopa 400
•Boswellin & Curcuminoids
From online ordering to customer service to next day shipping, AFI caters to health food stores and doctors offices. The company uses certified products from Sabinsa Corporation.
•Swapon Bose, Sales Executive
Carlson Laboratories, Inc.
15 W. College Dr. Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Phone: (888) 234-5656
Dedicated to Excellence for Generations
Carlson Laboratories has been a family owned and operated business since its founding by John and Susan Carlson in 1965. In 2010, John and Susan announced their retirement, allowing daughters Carilyn and Kirsten to step up as the new management team of Carlson Laboratories.
Carilyn and Kirsten continue the journey that their parents started while maintaining the focus on the highest quality products and exceptional customer service.Since no one cares more about the quality that goes into a product than the people who put their names on it, Carlson Laboratories is dedicated to providing only the finest natural supplements.
The Carlson family became aware of vitamin E and started Carlson Laboratories with the vision of sharing with everyone the health benefits their family found using natural- source vitamin E. They knew firsthand about this powerful antioxidant, especially in the alpha-to copheryl succinate form.They started Carlson Laboratories after seeing the health benefits Susan Carlson’s father experienced from taking this form of vitamin E.Since then, the Carlson family has developed the most complete line of vitamin E products in the world.
Realizing the importance of omega-3s early on, Carlson Laboratories began educating retailers and consumers in 1982 about the health benefits of fish oil. Acting on a wealth of knowledge, Carlson was one of the first companies to bring liquid Norwegian cod liver oil and liquid Norwegian fish oils to the United States market. Since then, the Carlson family has been visiting Norwegian marine oil plants, selecting only the finest fresh Norwegian oils produced from deep, unpolluted, coldwater fish. Natural-source vitamin E is added to prevent oxidation and preserve freshness of the fish oils. All Carlson liquid fish oils are bottle in Norway to ensure maximum freshness.
The rest of their product line includes more than 250 other highly developed formulas designed to meet a wide variety of nutritional needs.
Commitment to Quality
Carlson is dedicated to excellence. Only the highest quality raw materials used in the preparation of Carlson products. All lots of raw material are quarantined and samples are meticulously analyzed for purity and potency before being released for use in production To protect the effectiveness of the nutrients found in the products, Carlson employs only those manufacturing techniques that avoid the use of excessive heat, moisture and solvents.Products are tested during their manufacture and are not released for packaging until they have passed extensive quality control inspections.
All Norwegian fish oils are regularly tested using AOAC International protocols for freshness, potency and purity by an independent, FDA-registered laboratory.The testing ensures that our fish oils are of the highest quality, and free of detrimental levels of mercury, cadmium, lead, PCB’s and 28 other contaminants.
Carlson has been the recipient of several prestigious industry awards, including most recently the coveted Superior Taste Award from the International Taste & Quality Institute (ITQI) in Brussels for eight of the company’s high-quality liquid fish oils. This is the sixth year Carlson has received this award from ITQI. Carlson has also received numerous Vity Awards, as voted on by Vitamin Retailer’s retailer audience, as well as many “Best of Supplements” awards in Better Nutrition magazine, and others. The late John Carlson has recently been recognized for his efforts as a pioneer in the natural supplement industry.
In 1965, with our personal sense of integrity, J.R. Carlson Laboratories set a goal to provide the highest quality, natural- source vitamin E products in the marketplace.
Our dedication has been extended to our full line of high quality nutritional products that are based on accepted scientific research and supported with exceptional customer service and eagerness to educate consumers.
600 Boyce Rd. Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Phone: (800) 245-4440 •
Fax: (888) 245-4440
E-mail: email@example.com •
Twitter: @douglaslabs •
A Legacy of High Standards and Incomparable Quality
A subsidiary of Atrium Innovations Inc. [TSX: ATB], Douglas Laboratories®, the trusted choice of thousands of health care professionals for more than 50 years, is at the forefront of the nutritional health industry—proudly researching, developing and manufacturing superior quality, science- based supplements that help people improve their health. Recognized throughout the industry for its uncompromising operational practices at its state-of-the-art, GMP-compliant manufacturing facilities, Douglas Laboratories continues to provide the added insurance of multiple domestic and international GMP certifications, including ISO-9001 Certification and ISO-17025 Accreditation for in-house laboratories, as well as NSF International Registration.Douglas Laboratories currently offers more than 600 branded products, and introduces new products on a continuous basis.Working with an experienced research staff of PhDs and a prestigious medical advisory board, the company is committed to bringing innovative, science based products to the marketplace.Douglas Laboratories distributes worldwide, with its headquarters located in Pittsburgh, PA.
Originally founded by father and son, Sam and Doug Lioon, in 1955, Douglas Laboratories has grown to become one of the world’s premier nutritional supplement providers. The company’s unique business model has helped build a legacy of high standards and incomparable quality. Douglas Laboratories began by and continues to partner exclusively with health care providers rather than over the- counter transactions with consumers; the focus has been on providing products to consumers under the care and supervision of a health care professional.Douglas Laboratories has invested heavily in research and development, quality assurance procedures and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. Its legacy for excellence has helped gain the trust of health care providers both domestically and internationally. Since the company’s inception, Pittsburgh, PA has been the home to the Douglas Laboratories’ manufacturing, testing and distribution facilities from which it ships to more than 50 countries worldwide. Douglas Laboratories/HVL is a now a wholly owned subsidiary of Atrium – Innovations based in Quebec City, Canada. The same facility built by the Lioon family now serves Douglas Laboratories and also serves as a center of manufacturing excellence for many other Atrium Innovation brands.
• Ultra Preventive X
• Quell Fish Oil
• Wobenzym N and Wobenzym PS
• More than 600 branded products available
• Custom-labeling option
• Custom convenience packs
• Custom formulations
Douglas Laboratories’ in-house QAQC laboratory tests raw ingredients before they go into production as well as the final product for potency, harmful byproducts and overall quality. Because it tests in-house, substandard ingredients or products are caught and corrected much faster.
• Timothy J. Monk, Jr., Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing
• Andrew Halpner, PhD, Vice President of Product Development & Technical Services
• Daniel P. Kohler, Executive Vice President of Manufacturing, Packaging, Supply Chain & Laboratories
• David Smith, Vice President of Finance
752 Tamiami Trail Port Charlotte, FL 33953
Phone: (855) 281-7246
A History of Enzyme Expertise
Enzymedica™, the leading manufacturer of plant-based enzyme supplements, brings to market Enzyme Science™, an exclusive brand of formulas for health care practitioners.Renowned for its superior formulations and insistence on quality, Enzymedica has defined purity by ensuring that all raw materials used in production are from the highest quality and purest sources available.
Enzymedica and Enzyme Science have spared no expense to ensure that their formulas never contain fillers or excipients, nor utilize flow agents in their production. This guarantees the purest products with immediate bioavailability, as well as products that inspire confidence in their safety and efficacy.
Using intelligent formulation, Enzymedica introduced Thera-blend™ to the industry, a proven technology for blending multiple strains of enzymes, shown to be far superior in potency over competing brands. Enzyme Science continues producing technically innovative ideas and proudly brings practitioners its ATPro Blend™, an exclusive blend of critical nutrients that provide ATP (adenosine-5-Triphosphate) and enhance ATP production. This coenzyme is essential for nutrient absorption and propels Enzyme Science formulations to the next level in superior results and patient satisfaction.
Enzyme Science represents exceptional solutions for digestive health as well as unique enzyme blends formulated with vital nutraceuticals to support various health functions including cardiovascular, immune and joint support.*
Digestion is the process by which food is broken down into its most basic components to nourish and energize every cell of the body.
Enzymes are essential to this digestive process.
• Complete Digestion™ — a full spectrum digestive formula
• Critical Digestion™ — the highest potency digestive formula with enzymes, probiotics and the company’s ATPro Blend
• Intolerance Complex™ — for gluten, dairy, casein and phenol digestion, it features targeted enzymes and ATPro Blend
Therapeutic enzymes go beyond digestion, circulating through the bloodstream to support systemic health. Enzyme Science therapeutic formulas utilize high potency targeted ingredients for optimal results.
• Enzyme Defense™ — offering targeted proteolytic enzymes, D3, minerals and Llysine for immune health*
• Flex-Mend™ — support for muscle, tissue and joint function*, delivers proteolytic enzymes (including serratiopeptidase) and rutin
• Nattokinase Plus™ — features nattokinase, lipase and coq10 for cardiovascular and circulatory health*
• Candida Control™— balances yeast overgrowth* with targeted enzymes, probiotics (ATPro Blend) and broccoli seed extract Enzyme Science Product Guarantee
• Absolutely no fillers
• 100 percent vegetarian formulas
• Vegan and kosher when available
Exceptional Quality and Purity
The FDA’s good manufacturing practices (GMPs) for dietary supplements require that manufacturers establish quality control procedures and standard operating procedures such as premarket safety determinations, toxicology reports, stability testing, ingredient identity testing and serious adverse event reporting.
Enzyme Science exceeds FDA requirements for GMPs by voluntarily becoming certified by NSF International (GMP Certified). NSF is a third-party GMP auditing and compliance company that is well known for having the highest standards of GMP certification. The result of this additional audit is superior manufacturing standards.
Enzyme Science Laboratory
Specializing in enzyme assays, the Enzyme Science Lab (ESL) tests each batch of product for enzyme activity. Enzymes are best measured not by their weight, but by determining their potential to break down a substrate.This is usually expressed in the form of active units as a measure of potency.
For years, Enzyme Science has devoted itself to perfecting procedures and methodologies for validating and enhancing enzyme potency. ESL uses methodologies published from the Food Chemical Codex (FCC), a compendium of standards used internationally for establishing the quality and purity of food ingredients. By using these recognized assay procedures we ensure that the methodology utilized can be reproduced to verify accuracy and legitimacy.
The company’s dedicated staff maintains a compliant quality system per current GMP regulations for the dietary supplement industry.Though not required by the FDA, Enzyme Science and its lab is independently audited twice a year by NSF International to maintain the highest standard of quality and purity.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Kyowa Hakko USA
(New York office)
600 Third Ave., 19th Fl. New York, NY 10016
Phone: (212) 319-5353 •
Fax: (212) 421-1283
(West Coast office)
85 Enterprise, Ste. 430 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Phone: (800) 596-9252
Fax: (949) 425-0708
Providing Pure Ingredients for Better Health
Kyowa Hakko USA, Inc. is the North American sales office for KYOWA HAKKO BIO CO., LTD, a world leader in the research and manufacturing of high-quality branded ingredients for use in dietary supplements, functional foods and beverages.For more than 60 years, Kyowa has maintained a constant commitment to research, innovation and quality.
Kyowa’s clinically researched ingredients can be found in the formulations of many high-quality dietary supplement brands and include: Cognizin® Citicoline, Setria® Glutathione, Pantesin® Pantethine and Sustamine™ L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine.
•Setria Glutathione — A small peptide comprised of three common amino acids, glutathione is one of the most important molecules in the body for it’s role in protecting cells from the damaging effects of toxins and oxidative stress.When provided proper nutrition, the body creates it’s own glutathione; however, many individuals are low in glutathione due to poor lifestyle choices including an excessive intake of processed foods, smoking and drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. The use of prescription drugs, stress and even advancing age can also work to reduce glutathione levels in the body.
Setria Glutathione is an ultra pure, stable and absorbable form of reduced glutathione that can help replenish the body’s reserves. Setria Glutathione is also vegetarian and allergen-free.
For more information, visit www.setriaglutathione.com.
• Sustamine L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine — An excellent choice for use in clinical nutrition, Sustamine L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine does not have the problems of poor stability and low solubility that are associated with free-glutamine. Glutamine begins to degrade when mixed with liquids, but Sustamine is a unique dipeptide form of glutamine that’s been designed for maximum stability. This means that patients will get the amount listed on the label when they add it to water or their favorite beverage. Sustamine is also tasteless, colorless, odorless and dissolves completely in hot or cold liquids, so there is no gritty texture. Sustamine is also pure, vegetarian and allergen-free.
For more information, visit www.sustamineglutatione. com.
• Cognizin Citicoline — Cognizin Citicoline is an ingredient backed by numerous scientific studies to support claims of improved attention, recall and focus. Often called a “brain nutrient,” citicoline increases levels of several important neurotransmitters including acetylcholine, dopamine and noradrenalin that help maintain the integrity of neuronal cell membranes, and increases energy production in the frontal cortex. Because cell membranes have a very high turnover rate, these phospholipids must be continuously synthesized to ensure the adequate function of cells. Cognizin is a pure, vegetarian, allergen-free form of citicoline that provides nutritional support to help combat the normal effects of aging on cognition.
For more information, visit www.cognizin.com.
• Pantesin Pantethine — A pure and absorbable form of Pantethine (an active form of vitamin B5), Pantesin has been safely and successfully used for more than 35 years to help consumers maintain healthy blood lipid levels.With years of research supporting Pantesin’s effectiveness in high-risk individuals, a recently completed study validates the ingredients effectiveness for improving blood lipid profiles even in low to moderate risk individuals for cardiovascular disease (CVD). This new research performed on North American subjects also showed that Pantesin was effective over and the above the effects of a TLC (Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes) Diet.An ingredient that works at the cellular level, enhancing enzyme and metabolic activity, Pantesin is pure, vegetarian and allergen-free.
For more information, visit www.pantesin.com.
Lane Medical, A Division of LaneLabs – USA, Inc.
4445 Hwy. A1A, Ste. 200 Vero Beach, FL 32963
Phone: (800) 526-3001
Fax: (201) 661-6001
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org •
Cutting-Edge Research for Breakthrough Natural Products
Medical Centers continue to conduct studies that prove the health benefits of natural compounds and some of the most exciting findings involve products from LaneLabs.
Because of its reputation as an innovator in the natural health industry, LaneLabs and its products have been featured in many magazine articles and television reports.What makes these products so exceptional?Each one employs breakthrough technology or formulations to unlock the compound’s full potency and purity.Many have been subjected to carefully controlled studies.LaneLabs is proud to offer innovative products.Noted researchers around the world have consistently hailed LaneLabs’ products as natural breakthroughs. LaneLabs sources technologies from around the globe, from North America to Australia, Japan to Malaysia to Latin America.
Cutting-edge research, breakthrough natural products, plus a genuine commitment to customer education are the hallmarks of the LaneLabs organization.
The LaneLabs Difference
LaneLabs is a unique natural products company:
• It does not offer “me-too” products.
• Its products offer performance benefits not available elsewhere.
• Its products are backed by 18 approved or pending patents and 97 scientific articles.
• Its performance claims are based on scientific evidence.
• U.S. courts and leading medical journals have accepted LaneLabs’ scientific research.
• The company openly shares its research with its customers, as allowed by law or scientific custom.
• The potency and recommended usage of LaneLabs’ products are comparable to that used in clinical research.
• The company thoroughly understands its products.
• LaneLabs listens to and respects its customers.
• Provide superior value to customers through innovation.
• Continually invest in its natural technologies to better understand their capabilities and enhance their benefits.
• Maintain a work environment that values people, promotes learning and nurtures innovation.
• Be respected by customers, retail and health care partners, employees and suppliers.
• Continually strive for excellence in all business practices.
• 3A Magnesia — Makes fiber and harsh laxatives obsolete. 3A Magnesia contains a patented form of magnesium oxide, called Active Magnesia™. The Active Magnesia in 3A Magnesia attracts large amounts of water to the colon, softening stools to allow comfortable, daily elimination. Much higher levels of ordinary magnesium would be needed to achieve comparable results.*
• 3A Calcium® — The No. 1 bone-building calcium.* 3A Calcium contains AAACa calcium, the No. 1 bone–building calcium.AAACa calcium, and its ingredients, have been the subject of 30 medical journal articles, spanning 20 years of research.Women and men taking 3A Calcium saw significant gains in bone density at six months, one year, two years and three years vs. placebo. The average increase after three years was more than eight percent.* 3A Calcium is available as 3A Calcium and 3A Calcium® Ultra, both of which provide 1,000 mg of AAACa elemental calcium and 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily. Either is appropriate for women and men of any age. 3A Calcium Ultra also contains seven bone nutrients, including magnesium, vitamins K2 and C, copper, zinc, boron and manganese.
• SunSpot ES
• LaneLabs’ key ingredients are produced in countries with advanced food technologies and regulatory oversight.
• The company continuously tests for label claim potency, pathogens and heavy metals.
Products that fail on any measure are not sold.
• LaneLabs adheres to good manufacturing practices (GMP) and other U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
• Its products consistently meet U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP) dissolution and disintegration standards.
• Partner with National Osteoporosis Foundation
• Andrew Lane, President
• Richard Porter, National Sales Manager (email@example.com)
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
3600 W. Commercial Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Phone: (866) 585-1435
Improving the Quality and Length of Human Life
For 32 years, the Life Extension Foundation® (LEF) of Fort Lauderdale, FL, has been a leader in funding and reporting the latest anti-aging research and integrative health therapies. LEF has donated more than $100 million to anti-aging and disease prevention studies. A trailblazer in the $28 billion U.S. dietary supplement industry, the Life Extension Foundation Buyers Club, a separate corporation, offers consumers a full range of premium-quality vitamins, minerals and hormones as well as unique, specially made formulas.
Since its inception in 1980, LEF has been at the forefront of discovering new scientific breakthroughs for use in developing novel disease prevention and treatment protocols to improve the quality of life and human life span. Funded through private contributions, membership dues and royalties from product sales by the Life Extension Foundation Buyers Club, LEF has become the largest organization of its kind in the world.
• Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with Enhanced Mitochondrial Support™
• Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Fruit Extract
• Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer with BioPQQ™
• Super Bio-Curcumin® – 400 mg
• Optimized Resveratrol with Synergistic Grape-Berry Actives – 250 mg
• Cognitex® with NeuroProtection Complex
• Life Extension Mix™ Multi-Nutrient Formula
• Super Zeaxanthin with Lutein,Meso- Zeaxanthin Plus Astaxanthin and C3G
• Ultra Natural Prostate with AprèsFlex™ and Standardized Lignans
• CoffeeGenic™ Green Coffee Extract – 400 mg
• Optimized Saffron with Satiereal®
• Integra-Lean® Irvingia
• Two-Per-Day multivitamins
• Vitamin D3
• Neuro-Mag™ Magnesium L-Threonate
• Phone access to an integrative team of Health Advisors (naturopaths, nutritionists, nurses, personal trainers) every day of the year to address health concerns, answer product questions and help customize a personal regimen of diet, exercise and nutritional supplements.
• Monthly issue of Life Extension Magazine® filled with global medical research results, scientific reports and cutting-edge health information.
• Life Extension Annual Product Directory, a comprehensive guide detailing the full range of Life Extension supplements — including the “Top 10 Steps to Achieving Ultimate Health,” research initiatives to conquer aging and other essential health information. (Available to monthly members on request.)
• Discounts on prescription drugs through the independent full-service Life Extension Pharmacy®, which also offers low prices on compounded medications, including hormone replacement therapy.
• Huge savings on individual blood tests and comprehensive blood panels through a unique mail-order blood test service.
• Disease Prevention and Treatment book (accompanies an annual membership), a 1,666-page reference guide that presents cutting- edge prevention and treatment protocols for 133 different diseases of aging.
• The opportunity to participate in groundbreaking clinical research and receive free blood tests and supplements.
• LEF has received No. 1 ratings in four categories in the 2012 ConsumerLab.com Survey of Vitamin & Supplement Users.The results from four consumer satisfaction categories include No. 1 rankings for top catalog/internet merchant, CoQ10 products, fish oil products and multivitamins.
• Life Extension’s Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA fish oil is scientifically analyzed and rated by the international program IFOS (International Fish Oil Standards), and since 2005 it has annually been awarded the IFOS 5-Star rating for purity, quality and concentration—the highest possible rating for omega-3 fish oil.
R&D Efforts/Clinical Substantiation
• Study to assess the effectiveness of the dietary supplement, Cognitex with NeuroProtection Complex, in improving cognitive performance in middle-aged to elderly subjects with subjective memory complaints. Data demonstrated that the combination product Cognitex with NeuroProtection Complex may provide a positive impact on cognitive performance including improvements in working memory-n-back, which is a key cognitive function used daily, as well as in inspection time and executive function.The results attained through the Clinical Global Impression-Improvement (CGI-I) Scale reflected an overall improvement in the subjects following administration of the study product.
• Sponsorship of a study in conjunction with the research division at the University of Miami titled “A double-blind, randomized, place bocontrolled study of an IV infusion of Magnesium Sulfate vs. 5% Dextrose in a crossover design in male and female volunteers with treatment-resistant depression.”
• Sponsorship of a study to measure the effects of weekly injections of a study medication plus nutritional supplements that may help suppress the inflammatory factor that is implicated in the neuronal degeneration of Alzheimer’s disease.
LEF will continue to fund scientific research and report new discoveries involving nutrition, hormones and anti-aging supplements, as well as disseminate innovative findings concerning the diseases that threaten many of us, such as atherosclerosis, cancer, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease. LEF’s commitment to improve the quality and length of human life through optimal health and wellness will remain undiminished.
• Natural Products Association
• Direct Marketing Association
3160 Erie Blvd. E. DeWitt, NY 13214
Phone: (877) 628-3477
Health Direct to Patients’ Doorsteps
Many practitioners want to focus their energies on providing the best possible care for their patients and find that selling supplements out of their office diverts their attention. But in contrast, they also want to make it easy for their patients to access the most efficacious products, and deter them from purchasing low-quality products from discounted mass-market retailers. Enter Natural Dispensary.
Natural Dispensary began several years ago as a way to respond to an ongoing concern for natural health care practitioners; they want to provide the highest quality supplements to their patients, but lack the time and resources required to create and manage a clinic or office dispensary.
Natural Dispensary also saw the need for a customized, personalized boutique dispensary service for clinicians and patients as an alternative to the mega-dispensary options that are available.
Taking these needs into consideration, Natural Dispensary was created exclusively as a patient-direct fulfillment program designed to simplify the opportunity to provide vitamins and supplements to patients. The company offers the convenience of a full-service dispensary without the hassles of managing inventory, exhausting valuable staff time, or tying-up needed capital and cash flow, which can be better utilized in other facets of a practice.
Natural Dispensary offers a wide range of the top practitioner-brand vitamins and supplements available in the industry from innovative manufacturers such as Integrative Therapeutics, Enzyme Science and Innate Response Formulas, among many other quality companies. There are more than 30 brands (and growing) to select from to create a customized online product catalog, which a practitioner can then recommend to his/her patients. Natural Dispensary provides a turnkey approach and handles all phases of product ordering, inventory management, payment and shipping to patients’ doors.
Practitioners may also choose to generate income from their patients’ purchases, and/or offer discounts to their patients.Remuneration checks are sent every month along with a detailed report of each patient’s specific supplement purchases for their office medical file.Whether via the phone (staffed six days a week with a highly-experienced customer service team) or using our 24/7 secure website, patients can continue to order recommended products from a practice even if their office visits are infrequent.
With Natural Dispensary, there are no membership fees to practitioners or their patients, no minimums required to participate and there is the opportunity for financial rewards for a practice. The service can also be used as a complement to an in-house dispensary, to serve patients who are not local or want the convenience of ordering online. Natural Dispensary’s mission is to offer a customized, convenient and easy-touse service to clinicians and their patients, with satisfaction guaranteed.
Upon signing up, practitioners will be assigned a PIN code that they will distribute to their patients, and those patients’ purchases will all be linked to that clinician’s account.It’s that simple! To set up an account or learn more about Natural Dispensary’s services, visit www.naturaldispensary.com, e-mail the company at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 628-3477.
Natural Dispensary Now Offers the Following Brands:
• Allergy Research Group
• American Biologics
• Biotics Research
• Carlson Labs
• Designs For Health
• Doctor’s Best
• Douglas Labs
• Cardiovascular Research
• Ecological Formulas
• Enzyme Science
• Gaia Professional Solutions
• Houston Enzymes
• Innate Response Formulas
• Integrative Therapeutics
• Klaire Labs
• Metabolic Maintenance
• Natural Immunogenics
• Nordic Naturals
• Nutritional Biochemistry (NBI)
• Ortho Molecular Products
• Proper Nutrition
• Pure Encapsulations
• Researched Nutritionals
• Rx Vitamins
• Vital Nutrients
• Vitamin Research Products
• Andrew Fox, President/CEO
• Dr. Jen Morganti, Technical Director
8500 Shoal Creek Blvd., Bldg. 4, #208 Austin, TX 78757
Phone: (800) 446-7462 •
Fax: (818) 847-1056
Websites: www.naturalvitality.com; www.organicconnectmag.com
A Purpose-Driven Company Committed to Personal and Planetary Health
Since its founding in 1995, Natural Vitality is a purpose-driven company committed to one belief: The nutrient content of the American diet has declined over the last 60 years and this makes well-chosen supplements necessary for a healthy, sustainable life. To that end, it has developed a line of premium-quality supplements based on research and formulated to produce a noticeable result. In addition, Natural Vitality believes that one can’t be totally healthy in a toxic world and that real health also requires creating a sustainable environment and food system.
To achieve these objectives, Natural Vitality operates in two ways: First, it produces high-quality, award-winning dietary supplements to assist individuals in achieving optimum health. Second, a percentage of product sales funds its Natural Revitalization environmental action initiative, a program that supports organic farming and environmental stewardship.
As part of this program, Natural Vitality works with groups such as Remineralize the Earth, the Center for Food Safety and the Bionutrient Food Association, a nonprofit research, education and advocacy organization dedicated to promoting and implementing natural ways to restore health and vitality to the soil and food. The company also helps educate consumers with a free award-winning online magazine, Organic Connections (www.organicconnectmag.com).
Natural Vitality believes that agriculture focused on quality, rather than quantity, is critical to health. For its dietary supplements, the company seeks out organic whole-food ingredients wherever possible.All the fruits and vegetables used are organically grown. The agave, stevia and fruit flavorings are organic as well. This not only assures customers of no pesticide residues and no GMO ingredients, but also provides financial support to organic farming.
Additionally, Natural Vitality products often contain patented forms of supplement ingredients. These are standardized for consistent potency and many are backed by clinical research. In every product, ingredients— including ones that play an auxiliary role—are incorporated in amounts that provide an optimum, noticeable benefit.
Natural Vitality has always worked closely with health care professionals, and servicing their offices has been an important part of its business since its inception. The company believes that most Americans, especially women, are taking too much calcium and that excess calcium combined with insufficient magnesium can lead to serious health issues. To that end, all of Natural Vitality’s products containing calcium are balanced on a 1:1 calcium to magnesium ratio (or a bit higher in magnesium).
• Natural Calm®
• Organic Life Vitamins®
• Kids Natural Calm® Multi
• Osteo Calm® (award-winning bone health)
• Natural Calm® Plus Calcium (balanced active formula)
• Energy28™ (sustainable energy from whole foods)
• NutraRev!® (anti-aging)
• Natural Products Association
• Remineralize the Earth
• Bionutrient Food Association
• Farm Forward
• Slow Food USA
• Center for Food Safety
• Ken Whitman, President
• Susan Whitman, Executive Vice President
• Justin Farmer, CEO
• Rick Hand, Vice President Sales
• Nick Nierop, Vice President Account Management
Nordic Naturals, Inc.
111 Jennings Dr. Watsonville, CA 95076
Phone: (800) 662-2544; (831) 724-6200
Website: www.nordicnaturals.com Shaping Standards for
Shaping Standards for a Country and an Industry
In the years since Nordic Naturals’ founding in 1995, it has become the leading fish oil manufacturer worldwide, responsible for several patented technologies for flavoring, taste and delivery that have helped shape standards for a country and an industry that had few guidelines in place. According to Founder and CEO Joar Opheim, Nordic Naturals’ success is attributed to vertical integration and product quality. “Vertical integration from catch to finished product is the reason we can confidently deliver pure, fresh and sustainably sourced products,” he noted. Third-party analyses confirm this sentiment; when tested, Nordic Naturals fish oils consistently exceed international quality standards for purity and freshness in the fish oil industry.
Research and innovation is also a major driver of Nordic Naturals’ success. Its fish oils are regularly chosen by independent research institutions and universities including UCLA, Indiana University, Stanford, Duke and the National Institutes of Health.Twenty clinical studies have been published using Nordic Naturals products, and more than 40 are currently underway. Few appreciate this achievement better than Dr. Joseph C.Maroon, professor of neurosurgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and team physician to the Pittsburgh Steelers.Dr.Maroon stated, “I believe the recognition for Nordic [Naturals]’s outstanding products and their dedication to quality and purity is very much deserved and serves as an example to this industry.”
Nordic Naturals also makes every effort to anticipate the needs of its health-conscious customers, who value the company’s transparency on matters of sustainability and responsible corporate practices. Some recent initiatives include participation in the Non-GMO Project—an effort to verify that all ingredients used in eligible products are free of genetically modified organisms—and continued good manufacturing practices (GMP) certification of its production and distribution facilities.
While committed to science, product excellence and customer satisfaction, the company’s work day life is very casual, free of formal titles and has a low turnover thanks to employee perks like paid continuing education and a comfortable, healthy work environment.In 2010, ThinkGlobal Inc., publisher of Commercial News USA, the official export promotion magazine of the U. S. Commerce Department, recognized Nordic Naturals as an “Exporter of the Year.” In 2003, Nordic began exporting to Canada and the U.K., while in the U.S. it maintains nearly 50 percent of market share and continues to grow. Today, Nordic Naturals products can be found in more than 35 countries across the globe.
As a manufacturer of premium fish oil, Nordic Naturals also understands its responsibility for sustainable business practices like sourcing fish only from healthy, mature fish stocks, and conservative use of energy and packaging materials. These efforts have grown along with the company’s success. Both 2011 and 2012 have been banner years for going green, as Nordic Naturals moved into its new, long-awaited ecoheadquarters in Watsonville, CA. Complete with a whole building approach to sustainability, the headquarters recently received Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Certification for its innovative design and construction.
Going forward, Nordic Naturals remains steadfast in its mission to correct the global omega-3 deficiency with a commitment to delivering the world’s safest, most effective omega oils.With fidelity to leading research and technology, it continues to set the standard for purity, freshness and innovation in fish oil manufacturing, while keeping sustainability, customer service and education all top priorities— on land and at sea. Learn more at www.nordicnaturals.com.
P. O. Box 855 Lincolnshire, IL 60089
Phone: (800) 243-5242
Unique and Exotic Research-Driven Natural Supplements
Physician’s Strength is the preferred source for health practitioners who use alternative medicines within their practices. The products are made with only the finest wild and organic herbs and spices such as wild high-mountain oregano, sage and cumin. Physician’s Strength has the research and knowledge needed to assist health care professionals in making the very best choices for their patients.
Founded in 1999, Physician’s Strength produces research-driven natural supplements powerful enough for the medical community, yet safe for everyone. Physician’s Strength was developed to provide absolute nutrition from only whole food, wild and organic sources. The company’s formulations are unique and exotic. They include berries from the most remote parts of Canada, spices from pristine mineral-rich land and herbs from native tribal lands that exhibit exceptional powers.Physician’s Strength is known for the potent Oregano oil and the same power and dedication is applied to all of its more than 50 other products.Exciting flavors, deep, rich colors and unadulterated potency is what will be experienced in every bottle. The uniqueness comes from the constant search for the most unadulterated and rare, yet sustainable, powerful and nourishing herbs, spices, berries and whole food ingredients that can be found with minimal processing.Practitioners can always ensure the most remote, wild and organic chemical free whole foods in the world are used in every Physician’s Strength product. The company strives to always provide something special at Physician’s Strength, and users can be confident that it cares for the health of every individual. Practitioners who try the line of whole food supplements will be amazed at how great their patients feel.
• OregaWild Oil of Oregano
Physician’s Strength offers exceptional customer service and can be contacted via telephone or e-mail for any inquiries.Plus, it offers co-op advertising, employee trainings and lectures.
Physician’s Strength products are produced in GMP-certified (good manufacturing practices) facilities. The entire line of products is chemical-, solvent- and alcohol- free, and they are also made in an ecologically conscious manner. Every single batch that is produced is tested at the time of processing as well as the finished product being tested with certificates of analysis.
R&D Efforts/Clinical Substantiation
Physician’s Strength is currently involved in a human study to show the effects of multiple aromatic spice extracts in a topical application against finger and toenail fungus. The 40 participants will be involved in a six-month study to show the effects of this novel spice formulation. Expected completion of that study is 2013, and preliminary information is very promising. The company also has in the past partnered with Georgetown University Medical Center and Microbiotest Labs to show the results of novel spice formulations with various pathogens. Those studies have proven a great deal about the powers of wild herbs and spices. These research articles can be found on the company’s website at www.physicians-strength.com.
• Judy K. Gray, President
• Ted Campdesuner, Director of Client Services
Protocol For Life Balance
395 S. Glen Ellyn Rd. Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Phone: (877) 776-8610
Fax: (855) 833-9012
E-mail: email@example.com •
Practitioner-Exclusive Products Recommended With Confidence
Protocol For Life Balance™ is a researched, potent and efficacious brand of dietary supplements exclusively available through licensed health care practitioners.Protocol For Life Balance was created to provide health care practitioners with a superior brand of dietary supplements that they can feel confident recommending to their patients.
Protocol For Life Balance was founded in 2008 to provide health care practitioners with an exclusive line of high-quality dietary supplements. Unlike most other brands, it is actually an educational vehicle for physicians that explains each “protocol” for selected groups of supplements. In other words, the company made it easier for practitioners to select products based on their patients’ conditions.Protocol For Life Balance products are backed by research, clinical studies and trials, and many years of clinical experience.By integrating advanced scientific research, leading-edge nutritional technology and an unsurpassed history of safety and innovation, Protocol for Life Balance offers health practitioners a line of supplements that they can recommend with absolute confidence.The company strives to provide affordable, science-based natural health products to complement each patient’s medical regimen.The product line has been carefully structured to offer nutritional formulas that have been shown in studies to address today’s most common health concerns.
Protocol For Life Balance is driven by product quality, and it has made substantial investments to support this dedication. The company currently has 38 employees in quality control, quality assurance, microbiology and methods development. Its in-house analytical laboratory has eight high performance liquid chromatography units (HPLC), a fourier transform infrared (FTIR), ultraviolet/ visible spectrometer (UV-VIS), gas chromatography (GC), near infrared (NIR), high performance thin layer chromatography (HPTLC) and inductively coupled plasma mass spectroscopy (ICP-MS).
Protocol For Life Balance takes an active role in reassuring the public that dietary supplements are safe, and that the quality of its products is undisputed. Since 2000, its parent company, NOW Foods, has maintained a consistent “A” rating in this program, meeting all manufacturing standards as established by the Natural Products Association. By working closely with its vendors to ensure the purity, potency and safety of its raw materials and finished products, Protocol For Life Balance continues to exceed current good manufacturing practices (GMPs).
Protocol For Life Balance offers a complete line of over 150 supplements that address today’s top health concerns, including the following categories: arterial and cholesterol management, blood glucose, cognitive health, cardiovascular health, cellular immunity, detoxification and digestion, joint and cartilage support, men’s health, pain management, seasonal immunity, sleep and mood, urinary tract, weight management, women’s health and more.
Additionally, Protocol For Life Balance offers a number of unique products practitioners won’t find in other medical practitioner supplement lines. For example, it is one of the only companies in the medical sector to offer 100 percent pure CoQ10 powder, as well as 600 mg CoQ10 soft gels. Protocol For Life Balance is also one of the very few manufacturers to provide stevia, a low-glycemic natural sweetener, in addition to its extensive selection of liquid supplements. Collectively, liquid supplements and stevia have both demonstrated strong appeal among individuals on restricted diets, as well as those with insulin and blood sugar-related conditions.
ProtoClear™, the company’s flagship product, is one of the most innovative detoxification products available anywhere in today’s market.ProtoClear was developed by its staff of nutrition and gastrointestinal experts, thus resulting in one of the most comprehensive and advanced arrangements of cleansing nutrients and supporting herbs. Unlike many of today’s detoxification and cleansing formulas, ProtoClear has an exceptionally pleasant taste, making it well-tolerated by even the most discerning patients. Furthermore, the company has developed an interactive, easy-to-follow patient guide that explains the role of diet, lifestyle and supplementation in great detail.
Protocol For Life Balance offers the outcomes practitioners expect and prices their patients can afford.
• ProtoClear Detoxification Supplement
• ProtoMeal™ Comprehensive Nutritional Supplement
• Nutridose – 10,000mcg B-12
• Josh Sube, Brand Manager
2975 Westchester Ave.
Purchase, NY 10577
Phone: (877) 937-2422; (914) 251-0981 •
Fax: (914) 470-4320
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org •
Facebook: www.facebook.com/QOLlabs •
QOL Labs® was established in 1998 with the mission of providing safe and efficacious nutraceutical products to improve the quality of life (QOL) of its customers. The company believes that the only way to determine the efficacy and safety of an ingredient is to test it in well-designed human clinical trials. And the only way to deliver such efficacy is to use the dosages consistent with those trials.For that reason, QOL Labs became the only nutritional supplement company to guarantee that 100 percent of the ingredients used in its formulas are backed by human studies and delivered in dosages consistent with the clinical research.
Include Immunokinoko®AHCC®, Genikinoko®GCP®, Bifilon®, and Metasol™.
QOL Labs’ flagship product, ImmunokinokoAHCC, contains pure Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC®)—one of the world’s most researched natural immunomodulators—developed in Japan and used in more than 700 clinics worldwide. AHCC, backed by more than 20 clinical and in vivo studies published in peer-reviewed medicinal journals, is a patented extract of hybridized medicinal mushrooms that is uniquely rich in alpha-glucans. Research on AHCC has been conducted at highly reputable medical institutions such as Yale Medical School, Harvard-affiliated Faulkner Hospital and U. T.M.D. Anderson.
GenikinokoGCP, used for prostate health, contains GCP (Genistein Combined Polysaccharide), a unique compound rich in soy isoflavone aglycones, which provides a particularly potent source of highly bioavailable genistein and mushroom polysaccharides. GCP is produced through a proprietary patented process that involves the fermentation of soybean isoflavone extracts with basidiomycete mushrooms, which have been shown to support immune system health.Evidence from epidemiologic studies on soy isoflavones and preclinical studies on GCP suggest that this active compound in Genikinoko may help the body maintain cellular health and support prostate health.
The company’s Bifilon product is taken to help maintain digestive health. Bifilon includes an ingredient called Morinaga BB536®, a proprietary probiotic strain (belonging to the Bifidobacterium longum species) that was developed by Japan’s second largest dairy company.BB536 is one of the most researched, stable and efficacious probiotics in the world and the top-selling probiotic in Japan. Another unique feature BB536 has is its guaranteed potency at room temperature for 24 months from the manufacture date. Forty human clinical studies have shown that BB536:
• Helps relieve episodic constipation, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, gas and bloating
• Improves the bodily ratio of beneficial to harmful bacteria
• Decreases ammonia and putrefactive products in the digestive tract Used to support healthy weight, Metasol has a lowmolecular- weight polyphenol called Oligonol®, which is derived from the Asian superfruit, lychee, but has three times more bioavailability. Backed by more than 20 human clinical studies, Oligonol has been shown to improve blood circulation, support the body’s healthy response to inflammation and stimulate adipokine production. One published clinical study in 20 subjects demonstrated that the consumption of Oligonol reduced visceral fat by 12 percent after 10 weeks of use. Several other human studies have shown that Oligonol reduces post-exercise fatigue and improves endurance. Two trials demonstrated that Oligonol helps reduce wrinkles and brown spots.
• To firmly establish the QOL brand as having the highest standard of clinical proof in the nutritional supplement industry.
• To educate doctors on the clinical research behind QOL products to win them over as its advocates.
• To expand the QOL product line significantly to address a variety of conditions with formulas containing the most clinically researched ingredient for a particular condition.
• Dan Lifton, COO
• Maccy Franze, Sales Manager
Sun Chlorella USA
3305 Kashiwa St. Torrance, CA 90505
Phone: (800) 829-2828
Making a Positive Difference in People’s Health
Sun Chlorella’s products are bursting with the most precious gifts nature has to offer— natural, honest-to-goodness nutrition that’s gentle to the body. At times busy schedules may force people to eat poorly, preventing them from getting all the vital nutrients their bodies need. Poor nutrition weakens the immune system, making the body vulnerable to stress and illnesses. Sun Chlorella believes that health is truly one’s most precious asset.
The company has been a world leader of chlorella health products since 1969.But as every success story has a humble beginning, here is Sun Chlorella’s …
It all began as a single man’s dream— the dream of the company’s founding father, Hideo Nakayama. After experiencing an onslaught of illnesses that left his body battered, he made a fateful discovery that put him on the road to recovery: chlorella. The rest of his life was dedicated to researching its benefits, and in 1969, he and his wife established Chlorella C.G.F. Co., Ltd. In Kyoto, Japan in hopes that more people will benefit from its use.Over next 10 years what began as a small supplement business grew into one of the top names of chlorella in Japan’s highly competitive health food industry.
By 1982, the company—newly named Sun Chlorella Co., Ltd.—was ready to venture out into the world’s vast health food market. Sun Chlorella USA was then established in Torrance, CA as the first North American headquarters. In addition to delivering superior natural health products nationwide, Sun Chlorella USA supports natural and healthy living through educational seminars and publications.
Today, the amazing health benefits of Sun Chlorella are experienced by millions of people all over the world. With 32 corporate offices located throughout Japan,U. S., Europe and Asia, the company’s dynamic network enables it to reach people worldwide so that everyone can benefit from Sun Chlorella’s natural health products.
Sun Chlorella USA will be celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2013! The parent company, Sun Chlorella Corp Japan, has been in business for more than 40 years.
Sun Chlorella’s flagship product, Sun Chlorella “A” Tablets and Granules, revolutionized the supplement market with the only truly pulverized chlorella in the world, demonstrated in more than two dozen studies to be effective at nourishing and detoxifying the body on a cellular level.
All of the company’s products are produced with the highest level of quality assurance. Sun Chlorella’s commitment to quality has been recognized both by GMP (JHNFA Certified) and by Monde Selection, where Sun Chlorella “A” Tablets and Granules received the prestigious Grand Gold Quality Award in 2011.
• Rejuv-A-Wafers™ — An amazing combination of Sun Chlorella and Sun Eleuthero into one convenient wafer, Rejuv-A-Wafers provides pets all the benefits of Sun Chlorella and the added endurance with from Sun Eleuthero.Rejuv-A-Wafers has also been fortified with lecithin, which promotes the action of vitamin E, giving pets a shinier and healthier sleek coat.
• Infuse Your Mood™ — For thousands of years, traditional Eastern cultures have used eleuthero as a natural pathway to relaxing and communing with the very center of physical and emotional life.Infuse Your Mood tea supports the body during times of physical exertion and stress, and may help with mental alertness.
For 35 years, Sun Chlorella has made it its job to not only get the news about chlorella out to as many people as possible, but also to apply ongoing research and development so its customers have access to the highest quality chlorella products, thus empowering them to lead happy, healthier lives.
• Natural Products Association
• Direct Mail Association
• Yoshi Nishimaki, President & CEO
• Rose Straub, Vice President & COO
• Ellen Kubijanto, Vice President & CFO
• Guinevere C. Lynn, Director of Business Development
• Jennifer Jimenez, Brand Communications Manager
Texas Beauty Institute
1900 Industrial Blvd., Ste 200 Colleyville, TX 76034
Phone: (877) 496-8838, Option “2”
Fax: (817) 329-1828
E-mail: email@example.com •
Research of Non-Invasive Cosmetic Recovery
• In 2004, President and Founder of Texas Beauty Institute (TBI) launched the “Research of Non-Invasive Cosmetic Recovery.”
• In 2005,Microbiologist Dr. Burt Ensley participated in a Department of Defense project to help soldiers wounded in the extremities.
• In 2006 Dr. Ensley discovered Elastatropin®, an element that mimics “tropoelastin” (the precursor to elastin in the human body), from plant bio-technology
• In 2007, TBI receives registered trademark on its microcurrent unit, the Chiro950®, from the U.S. Patent office.
• In 2008, TBI researched and wrote the protocol for a therapy with professional potency using Dr. Ensley’s discovery.
• In 2009, TBI introduced Elastin Infusion Therapy™, a process that may return up to two years of lost elastin in a painless 45- minute treatment.
• In 2010, TBI is invited for a fourth year to conduct labs in non-invasive aesthetics at Logan College and appears at both Texas Chiropractic College and Parker College homecoming events.
• In 2011, TBI introduced TBI Bio-Light™, Jet Derm Sterile Saline Treatment, Low Voltage Ultra-Sound and a 100 percent organic product line.
• In 2012, TBI introduced its new innovative microcurrent unit, Biostetics 2000™.
Today, TBI has more than 500 affiliates across the United States and Canada using non-invasive, bio-physical equipment and organic products providing a natural alternative to patients and clients’ anti-aging, aesthetic needs. Included are Mds, Dcs, Nds, estheticians, massage therapists and entrepreneurs.
Nelson Thibodeaux has had a diverse career in two seemingly unrelated areas, communications and medical. Initially working for in both the radio and television industry, as a young man he paid for his initial college.Majoring in marketing, he took a job with a pharmaceutical company and spent the next 17 years completing post-graduate work, while working for several major companies.
In 1989, Thibodeaux returned to communications as an entrepreneur starting a new company based in Irving, TX. The company was later merged and began trading on the National NASDAQ Board. Retiring from the company and signing a non-compete in the industry, he once again turned to an area with medical overtones, but in aesthetics.
Recognizing the tremendous growth in Baby Boomers and their interest in more natural anti-aging solutions, TBI was launched as the “Research of Non-Invasive Cosmetic Recovery.” Thibodeaux has lectured at Logan Chiropractic and Texas Chiropractic Colleges on crossover modalities such as Radio Frequency and Microcurrent having both healing, pain management and aesthetic assets.
TBI continues to research modalities and products appropriate for its clients. Treating patients in the Colleyville Texas Clinic provides TBI an advantage to determine the efficacy and effectiveness of products and equipment.
• Biostetics 2000 — Microcurrent
• Chiro950 — Microcurrent
• TBI Bio-Light — Dynamic LED Light Therapy
• Ultrasonic URM — Ultrasound/RF/Microcurrent
• Life’s Heat — Radio Frequency — Aesthetics/Pain Management
• RF MYO — Radio Frequency — Aesthetics/Pain Management
• TBI-Cav-Vac 54 — Ultrasonic, RF Vacuum
• Criolipolysis TL-84 — Freeze RF/ RF Heat
• Bio-Stem — No Needle Mesotherapy
• V-Touch — Alternative to invasive laser — RF non-invasive removal skin lesions
• Lasysa — Lanterna, a new innovation for hyper-pigmentation problems
• Biostetics — TBI Proprietary products include MCR Conduction™ and Elastin Infusion Therapy
• Greek Island Labs — Adonia — 100 percent organic aesthetic products
• Apothederm — Peptide products
• Clayton Shagal — Only collagen clinically documented to reach dermis
• Collagenna — 100 percent soluble marinebased products
• DermaLastyl — consumer elastin products
Topical BioMedics, Inc.
P. O. Box 494 Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Phone: (800) 959-1007; (845) 871-4900
Fax: (845) 876-0818
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org •
An Integral Part of the New Sustainable Health Care Model
Topical BioMedics, Inc. is a research and development leader in the transdermal application and delivery of natural biomedicines for pain relief. Its innovative line of Topricin® Pain Relief and Healing Cream formulas are an integral part of the new sustainable health care model, bridging the gap between wellresearched natural medicine and conventional and holistic health care communities.
After 25 years of extensive research specific to physiological healing process and natural medicine compounds, Lou Paradise, president and chief of research, developed the original pain relief and healing cream to treat the pain of his own severe case of bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome, aggravated by cumulative trauma injuries sustained from rigorous demand of hundreds of missions while serving two tours in Vietnam as a Marine Corps combat rescue medevac helicopter crew chief, including many humanitarian rescues of Vietnamese civilians.
Begun as a small family business in 1994, Topical BioMedics is headquartered in New York, with its line of products sold by retailers nationwide (i.e.,Whole Foods,Wegmans, Duane Reade), and used in prestigious hospitals and medical centers.
Topricin is an important part of treatment protocol for a number of medical specialties, including oncology, orthopedics, sports medicine, rheumatology and OB/GYN. The company presents forums via radio, TV and Skype to physicians, sports therapists and the public about the dangers of OTC and prescription pain medicines, and the need for creating a new model of sustainable health and wellness.
The original Topricin Pain Relief and Healing Cream is the only topical product patented for the treatment of pain associated with neuropathy and fibromyalgia. The Topricin Foot Therapy Cream is formulated to target foot and ankle pain, and Topricin Junior Pain Relief and Healing Cream for children addresses many skin ailments suffered by children, including eczema. Five percent of Topricin Junior gross sales are donated to pediatric cancer foundations.
Topricin creams offer safe, effective pain relief for pains associated with neuropathy (chemo-induced, diabetic), arthritis, muscle sprains/strains, back, neck/shoulder, post-surgical trauma and injection site, skin conditions, including eczema, joint pain, sports/work-related repetitive motion and cumulative trauma injuries. Topricin is:
• A superior adjunct to primary care and physical therapies, and can reduce the need for all classes of oral painkillers
• A safe, effective approach to relieving pain beyond temporary symptom control, and is free of harmful side effects
• Made with natural biomedicines in a soothing cream base. Topricin has never used counter-irritants (menthol camphor or capsaicin) or chemicals such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen or naproxen (which can damage vital organs)
• Greaseless and free of parabens, petroleum; ideal for the entire family and safe for all ages, diabetics, pregnant and nursing moms
• A proprietary process that synergizes its homeopathic biomedicines for maximum performance to stimulate an enhanced healing response—rather than masking pain— supporting the body’s desire to heal the damage that’s causing the pain at the cellular level.
R&D Efforts/Clinical Substantiation
Research and product refinements are a consistent part of Topical BioMedics’ commitment to the public, and to delivering the highest quality products. It is dedicated to the conventional process and have conducted clinical investigations: two observational, one a post-marketing study (early on) and one independent, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blinded. All studies were to gather pilot data and baseline protocols to framework larger population studies. The company is currently exploring two studies with world class hospitals and doctors in the New York City metropolitan area. Topical BioMedics will submit the product to a randomized, independent, double-blinded study toward the last quarter of 2012.
Topricin is 100 percent made in the USA (source materials, manufacturing, printing/packaging, warehouse, headquarters).
As a leader in biomedicines R&D, Topical BioMedics is dedicated to conventional processes, follows all of the federal guidelines for homeopathic medicines and has been working with doctors, pharmacists and their patients since 1994. All products have a 100 percent money-back guarantee.
Topical BioMedics’ mission is not just about the end of pain, it’s about the safe, effective beginning of sustainable relief with no side effects. It will continue to help transform lives through enhanced healing–enabling people to go from suffering in pain to doing the things they love, with the people they love.
Association Memberships (Lou Paradise)
• Member of the American Association of Homeopathic Pharmacists
• Decorated Marine Corps combat veteran
• Lou Paradise, President & CEO
• Aurora Paradise, COO
• Steve Duricko, Vice President
19110 66th Ave. S., Building G Kent, WA 98032
Phone: (800) 878-3787; (425) 251-0596
Fax: (425) 264-0623
E-mail: email@example.com •
Improving Testing Standards
Established in 1987, Diagnos-Techs™ Laboratory in Kent,WA, is considered the leading salivary-based testing and research in the United States. In 1989, it was the first to introduce salivary-based hormone testing into routine clinical practice—creating a powerful tool for evaluating stress- and hormone- related disease and illness. In 1995, the company added salivary and stool-based gastrointestinal and food allergy testing.Diagnos-Techs has continued to improve its testing standards, using cutting-edge technology.Its tests are considered the platinum standard for salivary testing worldwide. In addition, Diagnos-Techs offers other noninvasive lab testing such as stool testing for digestive functions and urine testing for bone health.
Saliva has proven to be an easy-to-collect and reliable sample source to measure a wide range of hormones, pharmaceuticals, antibodies and many other biological markers.In some cases, it is even superior to other body fluids for measuring biomarker levels.It contains many analytes of interest for screening, diagnosis and monitoring.
Saliva, which offers a stress-free alternative to serum, provides hormone levels that reflect the unbound active portion of the hormone, while serum levels reflect the protein- bound, inactive fraction. Therefore, the convenient, inexpensive diagnostic specimen, also provides information not readily available from serum testing.
Available Test Panels
• Adrenal Stress Index Panel
• Bone Health Panel
• Cycling Female Hormone Panels
• Peri and Post Menopause Hormone Panels
• Male Hormone Panel
• Food Intolerance Panel
• Gastrointestinal Health Panels
Diagnos-Techs maintains superior test quality and accuracy with a stringent daily QA program and is registered with CLIA, licensed by the Washington State Department of Health and accredited by the Joint Commission.
Licensure and Proficiencies
Accredited and licensed by the State of Washington (License No. MTS-0327), subject to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act of 2003 (CLIA-2003) certification, Diagnos- Techs’ Federal CLIA No. Is 50D0630141.External proficiency testing is obtained from the College of American Pathologists, American Proficiency Institute and American Association of BioAnalysts.
7 Commerce Dr. Bedford, NH 03110
Phone: (800) 654-4432
Fax: (800) 718-7238
The Health Care Practitioners’ Preferred Source
Emerson Ecologics is dedicated to the continued emergence of natural health care and wellness by supporting their health care practitioner customers in providing the care patients need to evolve to a more proactive and balanced approach for health at all ages. Its extensive selection of quality products from hundreds of reputable brands all in one order, service solutions to streamline a practice, as well as education and support from in-house practitioners enables more than 20,000 health care professionals to concentrate on improving the lives of their patients.
The premier resource for professional-grade nutritional supplements to the integrative health care community, Emerson Ecologics offers thousands of products from more than 250 of the world’s top brands to ensure they are the single source for all a professional’s needs. For more than 30 years, Emerson has enabled practitioners to place one convenient order for multiple brands with reliable service. All orders placed by 6:30 p.m. ET are processed and shipped the same day they are received and are guaranteed to arrive within two (for professionals) or three (for patients) business days.
Emerson Ecologics’ friendly Customer Support team serves customers from 8:30 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET with the most responsive and trustworthy customer experience in the industry.For its health care professionals, Emerson’s on-staff medical educators are also available for technical support and product consultations.
Devoted to supporting the industry’s focus on safety and quality, it has developed the Emerson Quality Program (EQP) to validate the quality of their suppliers and provide assurance about the brands practitioners recommend.In fact, its determination for quality and efforts to benchmark industry quality standards earned Emerson Ecologics the distinction of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) 2011 Corporation of the Year.
Emerson Ecologics is committed to being the integrative health care practitioners’ onestop source for products they can trust, resources they need and services they deserve to help perfect their practices.
Curious about the companies offering dietary supplements and natural products for you to provide your patients? Want to know about their ingredient sourcing, quality assurance measures and formulation techniques? Looking for information on the services provided by diagnostic laboratories or the origins of proven branded ingredients? Then Natural Practitioner’s 2012 Company Profiles are here to help.