Inovalon (Bowie, MD) has announced the availability of its new Population Health Insights: COVID-19 Compass Dashboard. This interactive dashboard provides data-driven insights to inform COVID-19 response plans—empowering health plans, providers, employers, and municipalities with actionable intelligence pertaining to geographic areas with a high prevalence of COVID-19 infections and populations most at-risk as they plan strategies around preventative care, re-opening businesses and managing overall healthcare system needs.
Driven by Inovalon’s MORE2 Registry, the dashboard displays the near real-time prevalence of COVID-19 cases by county across the nation combined with a risk exposure score comprised from analyses of each underlying geographical region’s de-identified patient cohorts known pre-existing disease conditions, demographics details, and social determinants of health (SDOH) in accordance with recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and from other published sources of scientific guidance pertaining to factors of clinical health, demographics and SDOH found to be relevant to COVID-19.
“Many health plans, providers, employers and municipalities lack the infrastructure and means to integrate data from disparate data sources and provide this level of insight into a population’s relevant underlying disease burden, demographics, and socio-economic factors – all of which are critical pieces for responding effectively to the global pandemic on the respective local stage,” said Mike Burgin, executive vice president of products at Inovalon. “By providing these insights to the public, we can empower health plans, providers, employers, and government officials with another valuable tool in their arsenal to navigate decisions pertaining to re-opening commerce, pinpointing medical facilities and resources that may be most likely stressed, and geographies with individuals most at risk.”
Inovalon’s COVID-19 Compass Dashboard was built upon Inovalon’s Population Health Insights solution. Inovalon’s Population Health Insights solution includes the following dashboards as well as member-level drill down capabilities:
- Select Cohorts and Geographies vs. State and National Comparison: Provides a comparison of the prevalence of a selected disease condition within any selected cohort or geography (or set of cohorts and geographies) versus national-level data.
- Chosen Condition vs. Risk Score: Provides a comparison of the prevalence of a selected disease condition by the average risk score within any selected cohort or geography (or set of cohorts or geographies) versus the overall population.
- Chosen Condition vs. SDOH: Provides a comparison of the prevalence of a selected disease condition by social determinants of health within any selected cohort or geography (or set of cohorts or geographies) versus the overall population.
- Chosen Condition vs. Demographics: Provides a comparison of the prevalence of a selected disease condition by demographic factors within any selected cohort or geography (or set of cohort or geographies) and versus the overall population.
- Chosen Customizable Analytics vs. Any Available Criteria Dimension: Provides a comparison of any custom-requested analytic outcome within any selected cohort or geography (or set of cohorts or geographies) versus any available criteria dimension, such as known and predicted prevalence, patterns, interrelationships, quality, and economics pertaining to patient cohort disease, risk, diagnostics, treatments, outcomes, persistence, costs, and a wide array of additional factors, at patient, provider, facility, geography, and custom cohort levels.
For more information, visit www.inovalon.com/covid-19.