The Integrative Healthcare Symposium (IHS) is currently accepting proposals from those who are interested in presenting at the 13th annual conference to be held February 23–25, 2017 at the New York Hilton Midtown, NY. Integrative health care practitioners and professionals across all disciplines are encouraged to submit proposals.
This year, IHS is open to gathering proposals on a broad range of topics. All proposals must include detailed methodology as to how the presenter will engage the audience and offer practical knowledge on Integrative & Holistic Healing Models & Emerging Approaches (Examples: Functional Medicine, Homeopathy, Healing Touch, Telemedicine, Digital Health, etc.). Presentations should focus on current conversations in the Integrative Health care community including those centered on The Microbiome, Pain Management, Mind & Mood, Immunology, etc. Presentations that are of particular interest to us will be developed using Interactive & Experiential formats and will encourage Audience Engagement and/or Movement.
In order for your proposal to be forwarded to IHS’ conference chair and advisors for review, the following form must be completed in-full per the outlined instructions:
This form must be completed and submitted online at the link that has been provided above.
If you have questions or experience difficulty submitting the required information, please contact:
Rebecca Schmitt, Conference Manager at: email@example.com
- Proposals must be received no later than 4 p.m. EST, May 19, 2016.
- You will be notified as to the status of your proposal by June 24, 2016.
Please note: If your proposal is selected, your final presentation will be due no later than September 28, 2016. Your presentation must contain clinical references and will be held to CME standards. Please reference the below requirements when developing your presentation:
Requirements for CME Slide Presentations
- All presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options.
- Data/statements presented in the slides should be from peer-reviewed publications with attributable references on each slide (and when applicable to each point within the slide if there are more than one) that contains any diagnostic or therapeutic recommendation or discussion of causality that is not already common knowledge in conventional medical practice, training or literature (this is the most common problem with the presentations submitted thus far)
- All illustrations/diagrams/graphics must have a source attribution (e.g. textbook, published study, online, etc., also a common omission)
- Please note: All references should conform to common formatting: citing the a) name of the journal/publication, b) title of the study, c) date of publication, and d) author/s (lead plus one at least if multiple)
- Information presented must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection and analysis.
All presentations must be free of commercial bias for or against any product, and contain no references to personal affiliations with consumer publications, commercial or private clinical practices or businesses.
For more information, visit www.ihsymposium.com/annual-conference/call-for-proposals.